Thursday, October 1, 2009

potty time!

the other afternoon, my parents, coco and i were sitting in the living room having cookies and coffee with/or milk, when coco suddenly announced "¡pipi, caca!" and tugged at her diaper. my mom, whom i had asked previously for guidance during the daunting period of potty training, asked coco if she wanted her to take her to the bathroom. coco, who calls my mom tita, sternly said "tita no". so, my dad, also known as tata, certain that she would give him a negative, offered. to his great surprise, she answered "tata sí". we all looked at each other in shock. coco had never wanted to go to the bathroom, not even with me. tata panicked and tried desperately to get tita or me to take her, but he was the chosen one, so now he had to go.
before coco, my dad had never changed a baby's diaper, ever. much like myself, he didn't know the first thing about potty training, since my mom did all of the dirty work with my sister and i. nonetheless, he took coco into the bathroom by the hand, lowered her pants, removed her diaper and had her sit on her potty. he encouraged her to go and waited a couple of minutes. even though it turned out to be fruitless, or pipi/caca-less, i was so proud of her for trying and grateful that my dad followed through and showed me how it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment